Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Katrina Flores's Reading Bucket List

  1. InkSpell by Cornelia Funke
My sister read this book and recommended it to me because she said it was an amazing book, not that I trust her or anything, but I'll go ahead and give her the benefit of the doubt. I've read another book by the same author and it was pretty amazing.
     2. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
My English 12 teacher, Mrs. Gillmore gave a sort of book talk on this book and said it was a very good book. It sounded like a good book to me and I wondered what I would do in that position. Many teachers tend to lean towards the book is great just for a student to read , but I trust Mrs. Gillmore.
     3. 50 Shades of Grey by EL James
Others have read this book and seemed to have enjoyed it. I'm not into books a lot of others have read because I don't like doing things others do a lot of but the title seems worthy to read. Who knows I may read it more than once.
    4. Kissed by an Angel by  Elizabeth Chandler
I'm not really into girly books, but I decided I wanted to read this book. Kissed by an angel seems like a good book that deserves a chance. I know you're not supposed to judge a book by its cover , but sometimes I just can't help but not to. Regardless of the cover the back summary of the book is captivating.
     5. Dark Secrets I by Elizabeth Chandler
I am currently reading Dark Secrets II and thought I should read Dark Secrets I before, but the library did not have it in. However; I do not think the books have to go in any certain order I like reading books in numerical order.  Elizabeth Chandler is a captivating author and I will continue to read her books.
     6. It by Stephen Kings
I watched the movie as a child and was terrified. Now as I watch the movie I realize It,was cheaply made. So I figure the book has to be way better. Stephen King is one of my, many favorite authors. I enjoy reading novels that have a plot and are intrigueing. Many of Stephen King's books need to be made into movies and I can't wait for many more of his novels to do so.
     7. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
I have read this book once before my ninth grade year and loved it. I would definitely be able to read it twice. The suspense in this novel keeps your eyes peeled to the page. I just could not put this novel down. I realize reading a book twice wiill not cause any harm,so why not?
     8. Matched by Ally Condie
I read a novel about a Utopia World. It was a great novel. Just picturing a world where everything is perfect is captivating and harmonic. A book that talks about love and an almost perfect world is twice the must read. I am not usually a girl who enjoys a romantic novel, but this book seems to have a twist cast upon it.
     9. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
I have always wanted to read a novel where Death is the narrator. I thought about checking it out many times, but everytime put in back on the shelf. That's where I must learn never to judge a book by it's cover. Many novels do not catch my wondering eye, but this book seems to do the trick. There's just something about a novel with a historic background.
   10. Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
There's a movie coming to theaters pretty soon based on this novel. Any book that has a movie based upon it must be a good read. Even though some novels are made into movies, some are better off being just a novel. I absolutely hate when you read a novel and then watch the movie and during the whole movie you're thinking to yourself that is not how the book read.

No comments:

Post a Comment